Software Architect – D365
Fully remote role
£60,000 to £90,000 depending on experience
Software Architect with a speciality in Microsoft Dynamics required for a global engineering company. The Software Architect will play a key role in the continued development & utilization of the D365 suite recently implemented, related/integrated 3rd party programs, and associated Microsoft tools. Forming part of a worldwide software team, the Software Architect will be reviewing source code and them using a group code review, will ensure it’s the best fit and the Software Architect will be bringing in all functions (HR, finance, production) into the Microsoft D365 function.
Microsoft Dynamics was implemented into the business in November 2020, although the business has been using Dynamics AX since 2007.
The D365 Software Architect role
- Design, implement and support the D365 suite across sites in the UK, Germany & the USA.
- The D365 Software Architect will participate in all phases of the development life cycle by providing hands-on technical expertise to develop code, integrations, enhancements, and architecturally sound solutions.
- Review & Interpret D365 code to align business processes with functional capabilities.
- Write and manage functional extension specifications and coordinate with external developers to implement and debug these extensions & where practical write the extensions.
- Coordinate integration between D365, other Microsoft interfaces, and 3rd party packages.
- Create custom components with the Power Apps component framework to enhance user experience.
Experience required for the D365 role
- Previous experience writing code for D365 applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- Microsoft Dynamics D365 certifications valuable
- Proficient in the Power Platform preferred.
- 5 years programming experience
- Proven ability to develop and implement code solutions with framework patterns, document these designs, and follow best practices
- Utilizing Dynamics APIs and experience with Microsoft PowerApps, Flows, and Power BI a plus
- Familiarity with features in Power Platform, and concepts of the Common Data Service (CDS) and the Common Data Model (CDM) a plus